Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Divine Lazy Day

A do nothing day. There's nothing like it. It happens so rarely but, when it does, it's just divine!  Some people call it being lazy in a negative sense.  I call being lazy a positive experience! It helps you reset yourself.

You can even mail them some of your garbage!
I watched a National Geographic show on a company called Terracycle which is a really great company tapping into the bio-economics of reusing garbage.  It's run by a 30 something guy. In the episode I watched they made dog collars, leashes, pet beds, pull toys, doggie rain coats, and a cat tunnel from purina dog chow bags. And they had a crane use dog food bags wound together to make a cable to lift a car completely off the ground.  Those bags are strong garbage! They also had several creative sessions on reuse of other materials for some other things. They even had a retail store, with all items in the store made from things they recycled. I just loved that company and it made me rethink throwing away my own garbage - what can I repurpose?

I also watched a another show on a few people remaking a part of the Titanic.  This was fascinating as they were doing it the same way it would've been done in those times.  They had to bend steel for the hull, make an electric industrial oven, make a coal turbine machine, etc.  They had dishes made at the same company that made the china for the Titanic and this company took the pattern out of retirement.  They invited the desendents of the passengers of the Titanic to a meal that was from a menu served on the Titanic and it was cooked from all the appliances they made that were used on the Titanic and using the electricity from the coal turbine. It was a really interesting documentary and remake of time in history when electricity was just beginning to be used for different applications.

And I took a nice long luxurious bath.  There's nothing like soaking in a hot bubble bath!

I wasn't completely sedentary though, as I walked all five dogs too.  You can't forget the 4 paw family members in the house.

Matt was having a lazy day too(unusual for him!) and, Michelle was gone all day, so the energy in the house was perfect for laziness!

I woke up today early and totally refreshed from my lazy day yesterday.  My mind is bursting with all kinds of ideas because yesterday I let it have a break. My bodies ready for some exercise and activity and I'm excited to get my day today going! Are you?  If not, let me recommend a lazy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment