Friday, March 25, 2011

What Is Your Personal Brand Essence?

When you develop a brand for a company you have a step where you develop your brand essence. This is the core proposition of everything you do and say. It's the one word that describes what's at the heart of who you are. I have been known to create family get together discussions around this. Everyone in the discussion ends up trying to figure out their one word that is their personal brand essence word.

Sometimes people ask me what I think theirs is.

Adrienne (team member) I know your brand word now finally! SPIRIT
Both the in the Christian based sense and the human essence which is what I say I always miss when you’re not here! I don’t know why it took me so long to figure it out!

I also figured out my daughter Michelle’s core proposition. Hers is HEART
She always puts her heart into most everything she believes in. Sometimes she loses heart but overall it’s the one word that describes who she is best.

And while I was on a role thinking of this driving into work today I thought about my husband’s which has also been hard for me to figure out. His is Truth but I keep wanting to make it SIMPLE-TRUTH as that is closer to what he represents.

My Mom’s is STRONG as in she’s a strong woman but not physically, in the sense of bettering herself, being tough when you have to be; overcoming challenges.

I have moments of clarity when things aren’t cluttering my brain when I can see these things well. What pops in your head when you have those moments? Do you know your one word?

1 comment:

  1. Dear Pam,

    I cherish having my one word after reflecting and rehashing the possibilities since the late nineties. The same word always kept revealing itself.

    Take a guess and then I'll tell you!

    Love,
    Katy

    ReplyDelete