Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cards Early and Late

I drive my Mom crazy because I always send her occasion cards late. I buy them on time but I forget about them or I sign them and have them ready to send off only to find out that I don't have a stamp which involves a trip the post office. I try to work the trip in on my lunch but keep forgetting about it or I decide to work through lunch to keep up with my work. So she gets her cards late! I'm not the only one though she tells me...most of my brothers and sisters are the same way. Poor Mom! Really.

Over the weekend I bought some cards for different people for different purposes and I included in my purchases an Easter Card for my Mom. It even was and Easter Card for Mom specific!. This morning I filled it out, addressed the envelope, slapped the stamp on it and sent it on it's way! Won't she be surprised to get her card EARLY!

I think cards are really nice ways to let people know you're thinking of them. I always liked doing it and need to do it more often. I asked Adrienne, my co-worker, if her generation liked cards too? She's just one Gen Y gal but she was enthusiastic about them and thinks they're important too.

Interesting that with all the new communications methods we still like an old fashioned card! Everything changes eventually. I wonder what will be the equal replacement of a card with the use of technology? Where will the card stores go? Maybe we'll send holograms of ourselves with a personal message in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment