Wednesday, March 23, 2011

A Vase of Flowers In the Parking Lot

I was walking back from one building on our campus and tend to look down instead of up when I walk. It's because I live with five dogs and when you take them outside...you don't want to be looking up because you know you'll step in doo doo for sure! So now it's a habit. But I see the world differently.

Today I was passing "Arts" parking spot and his car wasn't there but I noticed there was a spot where he dumped his coffee or something. The yellow pollen's been at an all time high for dusting everything good and it really stuck to the coffee splashes. As I got closer I stopped to really pause because there it was a perfect vase with flowers coming out of it. What a cool image with the yellow silhouette on the rough macadam parking surface!

I walked inside and dragged my co-worker Adrienne out with her camera. I told her why on the way and she half believed me but went along with her crazy co-worker (probably because she's been told to be nice to old people!) So we get to Arts spot and she says, "Sure enough look at that!" She goes to take the photo, however the battery in the camera was dead...so I have no proof of this wonder of the day but it's true cause who else would write about this!

Don't you wonder what YOU'RE missing by always looking up?

No comments:

Post a Comment